Monday, October 5, 2009

Interview With LaVonda Howard, Author of Diamond Live, Platinum Lives & The D-Cup Diva Series (a new Curvy Novel Series Coming Out Next Year)


Join BBW Reviews as we chat with LaVonda Howard, mother, wife, author and entrepreneur. Learn more about this great author and her new Curvy Novel series D-Cup Divas coming out in 2010.

1) Tell us about yourself? I am a mom of 2 and wife of 13 years. I was born and raised in SW Washington, DC. My hobbies are (of course) writing and graphic design.

2) How long have you been writing? I have been writing since I was about 10 years old. I wrote my first book (unpublished) named “Roses Are Red” that I may publish it as a pre-teen novel one day. I have always had a vivid imagination; I have notebooks full of book ideas and short stories.
3) The first book in the D-Cup Diva Series is due to be released in 2010 by . Tell us a little about the series. Are these your only books with plus size women? “D-Cup Divas” is a 4 book series focusing on the lives 4 women; Chandra, Rossalyn, Samantha and Lanora. These women are all successful, confident, and sexy and sassy.
Right now, these are my only books featuring “real size” women, but it surely won’t be the last. I have plans for many more!

4)What motivated you to write the D-Cup Diva Series? “D-Cup Divas” came to mind when Torrian [Ferguson] mentioned he was looking for stories that featured “real women.” That sparked the idea immediately to do a “Sex in the City” of sorts with plus sized women.

As a “real size” woman myself, I wanted to see a book that depicted women like me having real careers, real sex lives and real issues. Not your standard, low self esteem, over-sexed, drug addict storyline.

5)What books do you currently have on the market and where can interested readers buy your book? Currently I have, my very first book, “Diamond Lives, Platinum Lies” and “It’s Always the Pretty Ones.” Both books are on sale on Amazon.com. I also have erotica site that I TRY to update regularly; http://www.sizzlestories.com/. I have loads of short very erotic stories on there I have named “Sizzle Snippetts”.

6) Are there more books with plus size heroines in the works for Vonda Howard?
Well of course! I have really enjoyed writing the first book in the series. I not only plan on completing the D-Cup Diva Series, I plan to write more books featuring us sexy, and curvy ladies!

7) Tell us about Cupcake Creative Studios, your graphic and web design firm. What services do you offer? How can potential clients contact you? Cupcake Creative Studio (Formerly Designs By Vonda) was started in 2006. I have always loved graphics and designs, so I decided to attend school to sharpen my skill and start my business.

I currently am the exclusive cover designer for Hollygrove Publishing, I have done graphics and websites for Kaira Denee, Marissa Monteilh, and Torrian Ferguson. I do business cards, websites, book covers. You name it…I do it! LOL

Anyone that is interested in seeing my work or placing an order is welcome to visit my website at http://www.cupcakecreativestudio.com/.

8)What are you reading now? What types of books (genres) do you read in general? Who are your favorite authors? Well, I’m not reading anything right now due to time constraints, but when I do have time, I love to read books that have a lot of action and surprise endings. I also love tear jerkers. Some of my favorite authors are (other than myself…LOL) Zane, Jodi Picoult, Meta Smith, Dan Brown, Joel Osteen and Mary B. Morrison.

9)How can readers get in contact with you? Do you have a website? Well, I am always on Facebook (Vonda Howard). LOL Otherwise, I can be reached through my website http://www.lavondahoward.com/.

10)What is the one thing you would like all of your readers to know about you? That I always put my all into my books. My books are like my children. My characters are like real people to me. From the time I published my first book, until now, I have learned so much. I believe in paying it forward, so I am always eager to pass along any tips or things I have learned to up and coming authors. So ask away!
***** Contest Alert *****
Comment on any of the October and November Interviews (Except the Interview by Monica Jones) and be entered into a contest to win your choice of one of the many books we have on hand.

No comments: