1. Tell us about yourself? I'm a mother, and work for a large school district in Texas as a School Nurse Practitioner. I love reading and working in my flower garden.
2. How long have you been writing? I've been writing since around 1990. I first sold short stories before selling a full-length novel, FALLEN ANGEL, to Odyssey Books on December 24, 1991.
3.Your books both romance and mainstream fiction feature strong women of various sizes and shapes. Which titles specifically feature plus size woman? How long have you been writing books and stories with plus size woman? I have novellas in BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY and LIVING LARGE. In single mainstream the titles are NOT EVEN IF YOU BEGGED, and AND MISTRESS MAKES THREE. Romance titles include SILKEN BETRAYAL, and DREAMING OF YOU. I've been writing about plus size women for several years
4. Why did you chose to feature plus size heroines in your novels? My daughter, Michelle, is the reason I began writing about full figured women, and the reason I came up with the idea for the Big Girl series. One night while I was writing she asked why the all women were thin. It was a good question and made me think that women of size were just as beautiful, just as independent, intelligent, and as resilient as other women. Since that night, I've looked at opportunities to spotlight women of size.
5. The last two books in the Invincible Women Series, Not Even If You Begged and And Mistress Makes Three, both feature plus size women. Tell us about these books. Why did you choose plus size heroines for both of these books? NOT EVEN IF YOU BEGGED features Traci Evans who distrusts men because her husband died while cheating on her. Worse, he made her doubt her ability to interest another man. In AND MISTRESS MAKES THREE, Gina Rawlings' husband crushed her emotionally. Traci and Gina came to me as full-figured women with issues that are shared by many women - trying to move on after a man has done a number on you. They needed to learn to believe in themselves. By the end of the novel they're their own woman. A good-looking, intelligent and successful man who loves them is a bonus.
6. Are there any more plus size heroines is the works? I plan to have a plus size woman in a new mainstream series I'm working on.
7. What are you reading now? What types of books (genres) do you read in general?
I'm so far behind on my reading. I love Bette Ford work. I'm reading UNFORGETTABLE. I love romance. I want my happy ending.
8. Who are your favorite authors? I love so many authors work. As I said, Bette Ford, Donna Hill, Gwynne Forester, Mary Morrison, Victoria Christopher Murphy, Eric Jerome Dickey, Evelyn Palfrey.
9. Do you have any public appearances in the near future? I'm signing at Borders at Preston and Royal in Dallas on November 7, 2009. Please check my web site at http://www.francisray.com/ for other dates.
10. How can readers get in contact with you? Do you have a website? Readers can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my web site at http://www.francisray.com/ and join my mailing list so they'll receive updates on books/signings and other information.
11. What is the one thing you would like all of your readers to know about you? I'd like for my readers to know how very much I love and appreciate them. Without their continuous support I would not have been able to write over 40 books, made the New York Times and USA Today bestsellers list or any of the other accomplishments I've had writing. Because of them I'm living my dream of being a published writer. Thank you. I wish all of you love, health and happiness and send readers a big cyber hug.
***** Contest Alert *****
Comment on any of the October and November Interviews (Except the Interview by Monica Jones) and be entered into a contest to win your choice of one of the many books we have on hand.